1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera fogs up?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by beeleeballin, Aug 4, 2017.

1. beeleeballin

beeleeballin Lurker

I brought my phone under water while I was at a pool, and those pictures turned out great. No surprises there. But when I left the pool I kept my phone in my swim trunk pocket, and I noticed that my cameras, both front and rear, would fog up everytime I grab the phone out and would take about 5 minutes before they completely clear up with vigorous shaking and other perhaps ineffective techniques. This continued for about 3 days and now the cameras are completely normal. While I was having this trouble, the phone ran absolutely beautifully. Could someone please ensure me that this is a normal occurrence?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator

This happened to me with the Samsung Galaxy S5 which was the first water resistant Galaxy device. I was FURIOUS at first because I thought bringing my phone in the shower had ruined the device.

Here is my original complaint article:
    http://phandroid.com/2014/04/19/galaxy-s5-water-damage/

And then some research I did on water resistance:
    http://phandroid.com/2014/04/21/galaxy-s5-ip67-meaning/

After about a week all the foginess went away and my phone started functioning just fine.

The bottom line is that these phones are made to be water resistant but not water proof with intentional continued submersion. I would just be careful with how deep you go and how long you are in the water for... it's okay to use it here and there in wet situations, but don't treat it like an actual underwater camera.

lunatic59 likes this.

HTC U11 Forum

The HTC U11 release date was June 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2017
Release Date
Reviews