1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Camera hang

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CVK, Jun 6, 2010.

1. CVK

CVK Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Hey,

I have a Milestone that's about a week and a half old, and only recently, the camera would not work!

When I press the camera app or press and hold the camera button, the screen turns black and it eventually prompts me to force-close the camera. (Sometimes I can see the options like flash etc, but still black everywhere else. This appears to be random)

I have tried rebooting, removing the battery and turning off geo-tagging. But none seem to work.

I downloaded a few other camera apps, but all end the same way. I used Google Goggles and it eventually leads to a force-close. So it could be a hardware problem.

The camera is not obscured by anything (That I can see) and looks perfectly fine. So it may also be a software problem.

So here are my questions:
    1) Is it a common problem? (As I have another Milestone that is still working. But will it come to this eventually as well?)

2) Will a factory reset do any good? (That's what my telco guy told me to do)

3) How do I fix it? (If the factory reset does not work. Also, please don't say warranty. I am trying to find a simpler fix first)

Thanks a whole lot in advance!
    CVK

P.S. I miss taking pictures and using PicSay to mess around so I miss my camera alot :(

Advertisement

2. CVK

CVK Member

Jun 6, 2010
    I'm just posting this just in case anyone else has the same problem as me.

I tried everything else to no avail, and I ended up backing up my entire phone then doing a factory reset. It worked! Now my camera is back to usual! Now all I have to do is restore everything...