1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mills23, May 23, 2013.

1. mills23

mills23 Android Expert

Does anyone know how to delete a photo right after you take it? Also how to get rid of the lag before taking a pic? I can never get my daughters face in time!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Atma

Atma Extreme Android User

After you take a picture you'll see a thumbnail of it appear in the upper left corner. Tap that and then select the trashcan on the next screen.

I'm not sure what to tell you about lag time. Mine is almost instant.

3. mills23

mills23 Android Expert

My thumbnail is in the bottom left. But when I click it I don't get a delete option. Just studstuff like crop and details etc.

4. Whtchdr

Whtchdr Lurker

If you want to be able to delete the picture as soon as you take it, then you need to make sure that Review is turned on. Open the camera app, click on the gear icon, and then click the larger gear that appears. Go to the 3rd tab under settings and turn Review to On. You will now have the option to delete pictures as you take them. Also, to decrease lag, make sure you tap to focus before taking the shot. You can also change your shooting mode to Sports which will increase the shutter speed.

mills23 likes this.
  5. mills23

mills23 Android Expert

I got the delete thing now but I can't get the camera to work fast enough!

6. Slacker1313

Slacker1313 Newbie

Mine is pretty quick. It takes longer time to focus in lower light.
    I think everyone expects too much out of camera's on a phone. I have a few camera's but only one takes instant photos and it cost over $2000.

Try the sports mode. Should give you quicker shutter speed as it's there for action shots. You will sacrifice quality though.

7. bls

bls Well-Known Member

I've also been a little frustrated with the shutter lag on the S4. I was standing next to an iPhone user at a concert recently and was impressed how quick the iPhone was to snap a photo, almost instantaneously after touching the screen, compared to my S4.

If you're having trouble timing the photo just right, you might consider turning on Burst Shot in the main Camera settings, which takes a burst of shots as long as you hold down the button. This is good for fast-moving kids and sports when you're hoping to get one exact moment. [Note that those photos by default get saved to internal memory, not your SD card.]

While you're in the Settings menu turning on Burst Shot, you may also want to make the volume button your camera shutter button. That way you aren't awkwardly trying to hold the phone perfectly still while tapping the screen to take a photo. You can change this by going into Camera, Settings, gear, Volume Key = the camera key.

Another related option is "Best Shot" Mode, which takes 8 snaps in rapid succession and asks you to pick one to keep.

8. mearei

mearei Lurker

best i've found to reduce this lag is to hold the camera button, then release when you want to take the pic.

9. mills23

mills23 Android Expert

I think it's crazy that it even has lag! These phones are not cheap.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews