• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help camera immediatly closes

Mtotes

Lurker
Nov 25, 2012
Hi yesterday my camera was working fine but today as soon as I open camera app it only gave me a black screen.so I did a factory reset hoping that would fox.it.but.now.instead of.a black screen the camera app closes as soon as I open it.any idea what the issue is and how to fix it..hope it isn't.hardware.thanks. ps using the stock camera app

Hi yesterday my camera was working fine but today as soon as I open camera app it only gave me a black screen.so I did a factory reset hoping that would fox.it.but.now.instead of.a black screen the camera app closes as soon as I open it.any idea what the issue is and how to fix it..hope it isn't.hardware.thanks. ps using the stock camera app

So, you are not rooted. Correct?

I would try another camera app to see if that works. I use Camera360 all the time, and love it, but many people try Angel Camera when they're having trouble with stock cam. If that doesn't work, then another factory rest might be in order. Sometimes the first one doesn't do the trick.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones