• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help camera is unable to initialize

kmwhiten

Apr 14, 2012
So I haven't had any trouble until now with my boinic. I tooks pictures saturday and I just tried to take one and this is what i got. "camera is unable to initialize" anyone know how to fix? I really dont feel like whipping it and starting over but I can if i have to later.

So I haven't had any trouble until now with my boinic. I tooks pictures saturday and I just tried to take one and this is what i got. "camera is unable to initialize" anyone know how to fix? I really dont feel like whipping it and starting over but I can if i have to later.

The first thing that I would try is restarting the phone. You don't say whether you tried that already, but that is an obvious first step.

Upvote 0
Well I already turned off and then on that didnt work. I havent tried the "soft reset but if you say its the same as pulling the battery then I have done that. I have also cleared the data on the camera app too.

I have not encountered this problem.

Googling a little it has appeared on different models. One conclusion was that it was a hardware problem and you should take it in for service. Another conclusion was to go to ...

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All Camera and select Clear Data.

As I said ... I have not encountered the problem personally.

... Thom

Upvote 0
I have not encountered this problem.

Googling a little it has appeared on different models. One conclusion was that it was a hardware problem and you should take it in for service. Another conclusion was to go to ...

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All Camera and select Clear Data.

As I said ... I have not encountered the problem personally.

... Thom
Hey thanks, I already tried to clear the data but that didnt work. I think it is a hardware because my flashlight app wouldnt work and the barcode scanner also wouldnt work. I am getting a replacement from verizon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones