1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Camera issue after rooting the Desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by >Kareem<, Jun 13, 2011.

1. >Kareem<

>Kareem< Lurker
    None

Figured I will give this a go.

I have a HTC Desire which I rooted but I missed a step which happened to be the most important step (so I have been told) and that was the nandroid back-up thingy.....

Now I have a phone with camera issues. Whenever I open the camera application it crashes. It works when I switch the phone on and off and go into the application, but after exiting and going back in it refuses to work.

So I figured I would ask if there are any London users who would be able to help me? (If anything can be done). I guess there would be a charge which I am happy to do. It's annoying having to use an iPhone 3G which takes about 10 minutes to open SMS messages!

I've tried over at XDA, but I think I have lost quite a few brain cell's figuring this all out. I suppose I could always go CeX and trade it in for some cash. But...then all I have is an iPhone :(

I even tried to be sneaky and sent it in to Three, (hoping it would get replaced) but they decided in the infinite wisdom they can not do anything, said it was water-damaged and charged be bloody

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Have you tried a different camera application? It might just be that particular app.

3. >Kareem<

>Kareem< Lurker
    None

Just tried a few. Just goes to black and says "Blah blah is not responding".

I remember when all my phone could do was call and text. Oh those were the days!

4. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Android Expert
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    is it water damaged though? it could be a hardware issue
    can you go to software information and post everything it says there

5. >Kareem<

>Kareem< Lurker
    None

Crikey!

Don't think it's a hardware issue because.....

Last night, I got so annoyed I figured I will put the phone on to eBay and put CyanogenMod onto it. So I went though that process and I noticed you had to download the latest official version of the radio. Did just that, installed the radio, restarted the phone, now the camera works!

Been playing around with the phone this morning and it looks like I solved this by updating the radio!

How could that affect the camera? It seem's odd?

6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Android Expert
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    if you updated to froyo or gingerbread while having a 2.1 eclair radio then camera is affected

you never mentioned you were rooted as i would have advised to on that earlier

Tags: