• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera issue after Verizon firmware upgrade

raiden2507

Jun 8, 2013
Dear All, my Casio is finally working fine with the latest Verizon 4.1.2 firmware: I am able to browse by setting the right APN.

The big problem is the camera because anytimes I start that module I get the error message about "Unable to start... please wait". I tried to uninstall the Camera app by using the several apps and now it shows a different error message but as the system now finally works, how can I fix that problem without install a new firmware?

Thanks.

Try clearing the cache and data of the camera app. If it still doesn't work then it will be more difficult. Are you rooted? If so maybe you could remove the camera with titanium backup and then have someone post a backup of their camera apk and then you could install their backup using TiBu.

If you are not rooted then maybe download the Google Camera from the Play store. It's not a great camera but it is better than none.

Upvote 0
Try clearing the cache and data of the camera app. If it still doesn't work then it will be more difficult. Are you rooted? If so maybe you could remove the camera with titanium backup and then have someone post a backup of their camera apk and then you could install their backup using TiBu.

If you are not rooted then maybe download the Google Camera from the Play store. It's not a great camera but it is better than none.
Dear rjglenn,
first of all thanks for your support. Yes, the device is rooted, I removed the camera trying to re-install it but it didn't... can you give me a backup of that app to restore by using TiBackup?

Also wiping-out the cache it doesn't work... but it is about the Verizon firmare?

Regards,

Upvote 0
Unzip the contents of the attached zip into your titanium backup archive and then restore it from TiBu. If it does not work then use TiBu to uninstall it, reboot, and then install the apk provided by JKH62. If that doesn't work the I don't know...
First of all thanks for the wonderful support. I did it and it shows:"Can't connect to the camera."

If I try to load another app for the camera I get:"Failed to start the camera. Please wait a while then try again.".

Now I will un-install all and I will try with the suggested trick.

P.S: Meanwhile... thanks!!!

Upvote 0
Unzip the contents of the attached zip into your titanium backup archive and then restore it from TiBu. If it does not work then use TiBu to uninstall it, reboot, and then install the apk provided by JKH62. If that doesn't work the I don't know...
Hello,
unfortunately... it doesn't work.
Same error code and if I try example with Camera FX, I get this message:"failed to connect to Android camera (error 1). What's can be happened?

Regards,

Upvote 0
What RJ said....sounds like a hardware issue / fault if no app works or sees it.
Good morning and thank to all... maybe the problem could be the firmware? I did a wipe-out for a full restore and it happens again. It's the Verizon firmware 811: with that one I am able to use the 3G network with the stock not.
Which one should be the firmware to use with my device exactly? Mine is the Casio CA-201L.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones