1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Camera Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Freakshow999, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Freakshow999

Freakshow999 Member
    None

Oct 30, 2011
    Fixing Computers and A/V Stuff
    Long Beach, CA area
    So my camera has only been working intermidently the past couple of weeks. By not working I mean it will take a shot and give you the small preview copy but when you click on it the app takes you to another photo like the new one was never saved. A battery pull seems to fix the problem but I don't want to have to keep pulling the battery to fix this.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Advertisement

2. 916x10

916x10 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2010
    Yep, I experienced it and found it was due to an issue with my sdcard. When this would happen, my sdcard would be "read only" so pics wouldn't save, screenshots wouldn't save, my pc wouldn't recognize the sdcard (when connected via the phone). I was able to alleviate the issue for a while by simply rebooting the phone but the problem became more and more prevalent. Looking in to it further I found credible info that the culprit was likely my Class 10 card, numerous others had this issue while using class 10 cards and all were fixed once they went with a class 4 or class 6 card. I personally got a 16gb class 4 card two weeks ago and have not had that problem since.

3. MastersTouch53

None

Dec 15, 2011
    I have had my Atrix 2 since Thanksgiving. I was able to take 4 groups of pictures but not have had any luck since. The sd card is the 2 GB that came with the phone so it is not that problem. Turning the camera off and turning it back on again is allowing me to take pictures again but don't want to have to do that all the time. Also, where might I find the pictures I took before that. They had shown up in the fingernail but then I couldn't find them. Any help would be great. I haven't found this phone to be user friendly yet.

4. prznet

prznet Guest
    None

Mar 29, 2012
    Male
    Having similar issues, not only with the camera, if the app uses the mic for voice note for example, I get a message about the operation was failed. My SD Card is a 16GB Class 10. I will try a class 4 instead.

5. 916x10

916x10 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2010
    Just because its happening with the card it came with doesnt mean you dont have an sdcard issue. I have read where unlike my experience, people have hsd issues with class 4 cards and have switched to class 10 and everything is good. I'd def swap the card and see if the problem remains.