1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera keeps going out of focus

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Member2047631, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Member2047631

When I use my tablet's camera, it continually goes out of focus like every 4 seconds, and it's really annoying when recording videos, and when taking pictures I have to wait for the perfect moment and make sure I take it before it goes blurry... I don't know if I'll be able to fix this one, I don't think it used to do this... Help would be amazing!

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I've seen that with a few devices, basically the auto-focus keeps on hunting and adjusting focus, even when it's pointed at a static subject and the device isn't moving. Try another camera app possibly one that has manual control of focus, although if the tablet's camera itself isn't so good, you may not be able to do anything about it.

From what I've seen many especially budget Chinese tablets actually have rather poor cameras in them. The camera I had on an Onda tablet was just awful and no good for anything. Honestly the only tablet I've seen that has what I would call a good camera are the Apple iPads.

#2 mikedt, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  3. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

I've seen similar problems when using selective focus. The camera will focus where you indicate but will revert to the central autofocus after several seconds.

4. Member2047631

But it didn't used to do this like I said, and it takes pretty good pictures.

5. Member2047631

And I like my camera app

Snapcam Camera

Snapcam Camera Forum

org.codeaurora.snapcam

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs