• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

camera killing battery

basically I was messing around and decided to check my battery usage because it seemed to have run down pretty fast lately, and i see this.

devicex.png

whenever i run my camera once this seems to happen. I always use the back button to back out of the camera after i use it and i've gone as far as ending all tasks using the system app. Is there any way to stop the camera from using so much of my battery, or should I just stop using it?

Thanks.

First off, this isn't normal. Not using the camera on your phone in fear of depleting the battery should never be an issue to compensate with. It's clearly a 2.1 problem.

I would recommend actually downloading Advanced Task Killer. It is times like these a task killer SHOULD be used.

Download ATK and place a widget on your Home screen. Every so often, just tap the widget, and it will clear space up for you. It's what I've been doing for some time now and it has worked flawlessly for my battery and speed issues.

Reactions: yeahright
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones