• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera Lens.. Cause for concern?

I've done my best to keep it off hard surfaces but i've still got tiny scratches on it. Seeing how case's don't protect this area, is there anything that can be done? Whats everyone doing to protect the camera lens on the back of your incredible??

That's not the lens. That IS a protective cover. If you look inside, the sort of glass eyeball thing is the lens. Sure, it's a good idea to not destroy it..but don't worry. The whole piece is held on by some double sided tape and should be easily replaced when needed. No idea on cost/difficulty yet personally though as I am nowhere near needing to:)

Reactions: Shtang
Upvote 0
That's not the lens. That IS a protective cover. If you look inside, the sort of glass eyeball thing is the lens. Sure, it's a good idea to not destroy it..but don't worry. The whole piece is held on by some double sided tape and should be easily replaced when needed. No idea on cost/difficulty yet personally though as I am nowhere near needing to:)
+1

Upvote 0
I'm running mine nekkid and no scratches...yet! I'm sure the camera isn't going to pick up on those micro-scratches so it shouldn't affect your picture quality.

Mostly correct. Eventually once there are enough/deep enough scratches, it will start to affect the autofocus. However, they still won't show up in the images.

So, once you start having problems with focusing, look at your lens cover. Wipe it off ( finger prints can have the same effect. ), and retry. If you still have problems, consider replacing the cover.

Upvote 0
Mostly correct. Eventually once there are enough/deep enough scratches, it will start to affect the autofocus. However, they still won't show up in the images.

So, once you start having problems with focusing, look at your lens cover. Wipe it off ( finger prints can have the same effect. ), and retry. If you still have problems, consider replacing the cover.

Oh yeah, definitely with bigger/deeper scratches it'll definitely affect the autofocus. I was just saying that there shouldn't be any worries with the types of scratches he/she was describing.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones