• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera lens cover glass pushes in.

jp2014

Lurker
May 19, 2010
On my DI the glass/plastic that covers the camera lens pushes a little at the bottom. The top feels solid. I have a bodyglove case and have never dropped it or anything. I'm concerned that it will eventually push all the way in or moisture will get under the glass. Does the glass push in at all for anyone else?

Mine does the same thing.

I pulled the red ring off, it's only attached to the body by adhesive. The lens cover is also only attached to the red ring by adhesive.

So when I get around to it I will replace the adhesive; for now I just put it back on and it seems like it will hold until then.

What do you plan on using for adhesive? The only thing I can think of is super glue, but it seems like it would be hard to apply that without getting some on the lens cover.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your camera lens. It seems like your issue is with the lens not being cured properly at our manufacturing plant. Please bring it to the Verizon Store for a replacement free of charge.

Thank you!

Andrey Smith
HTC Support

Aren't tech support reps BANNED from being on forums? Don't they have corporate people on forums all day just LOOKING for reps posting stuff like that? I'd be calling in sick for the next couple days if I were you, and delete that post, before you lose your job over it..

(If you are even a rep, that is)

Upvote 0
Somehow the lens cover on my Incredible actually has gotten cracked. I called HTC support as well and they only could suggest sending the phone in for replacement.

Verizon support mentioned that they didn't have any extra lens covers. It still takes pictures fine and it's only been a month since the phone has hit the market so I would imagine as more of these issues arise they'll come up with a solution (like selling the cheesey piece of plastic for an outrageous price).

*edit*
Don't get me wrong. I really do appreciate the cheesey piece of plastic being there. I'd be much more upset if I had cracked the actual lens.

Upvote 0
Sorry to bump an old thread but... the little piece of glass on my camera lens is pushed in about a nanometer on one side. Impossible to see unless you look close, but you can feel it. I -think- it still takes pictures just fine, but is there any problem with picture taking if the glass isn't perfectly even? If not, I'll rest easy, but it's bothering my OCD side!!

Upvote 0
Sorry to bump an old thread but... the little piece of glass on my camera lens is pushed in about a nanometer on one side. Impossible to see unless you look close, but you can feel it. I -think- it still takes pictures just fine, but is there any problem with picture taking if the glass isn't perfectly even? If not, I'll rest easy, but it's bothering my OCD side!!

I have learned to live with mine. Every once in a while I will take off the red ring (held on by tape) and push it back up. Some times if you push down on the silver part of the red ring on the side the lens cover is pushed in on, it pops back up. All my pictures have been flawless even with the lens cover pushed in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones