1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Camera Loses Focus When Shooting In Macro

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Boris_yo, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Boris_yo

Boris_yo Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    I have noticed that sometimes camera loses focus when shooting closely. It is hard to do close shot and takes several tries and different angles. I can see that auto-focus is precise but it fails to lock and gets blurry. Why would it return to be blurry if auto-focus is right?

If there was a way to have more control over focus and lock it when it is focused enough so it won't lose lock and gets blurry.

I heard that Camera360 app takes care of macro but it does not make any difference.

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Macro photography with a phone camera is never going to be easy or give great results. In fact, it's often difficult to do well on good point-and-shoot cameras, even with a macro mode.

The blurriness is due to the camera not being equipped to deal with the small depth of field, along with camera and/or subject movement in relation to the shutter speed and lighting. Also, the auto-focus on the Desire S isn't particularly brilliant.

I'd play around with manual focus, make sure the subject has plenty of light and manually choose different shutter speeds (ISO), depending on the light. Check you have face recognition turned off, too. And keep the camera as still as possible!

Tags: