1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Camera magenta/pink tint

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markbuk, May 8, 2012.

1. markbuk

markbuk Newbie
    None

May 20, 2010
    ESSEX UK
    I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but in auto mode all my pics have magenta tint to them.
    They are ok when using HDR mode or video.the preview on the screen is ok just the picture after processing.have tried with different white balance but the colour is never neutral.

Advertisement

2. markbuk

markbuk Newbie
    None

May 20, 2010
    ESSEX UK
    Just tried it on different resolutions lighting conditions etc but always comes out with a tint.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    If I were you, I'd be taking that back pronto. Compare to the floor model, and push for a replacement.

On last year's models the defect was a green tint.

Sorry yours wasn't right, but so long as they stand by the product, that's all we can ask for.

markbuk likes this.
  4. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    A web site (maybe pocket lint) tested the one x, lumina, iPhone, gs2 cameras this week and they also had this exact same problem with the one x pictures. Almost every one had a pink tint to the pictures.

Maybe this is a defect in a series of phones they produced.

If you can't find the article I will look it up and post the link.

So anyone else noticed this on pictures that have been put on their PC?

markbuk likes this.
  5. markbuk

markbuk Newbie
    None

May 20, 2010
    ESSEX UK
    Looking back at the first pics I took they look ok,seems like it started after 1.28 upgrade.
    Have tried factory reset but still the same,perhaps 1.29 will cure it.

6. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Here it the article where the reviewer had the same pink picture problem that you are experiencing.

Camera phones on test: HTC One X, iPhone 4S, Xperia S, Galaxy SII, Lumia 800 - Pocket-lint

A Quote "HTC One X
    The HTC One X is fast to focus and capture, with an interface that's fuss free. Unfortunately the device we had was plagued with a pink tinge, so the results never really come out too well.

Like others have said, I would return the phone and exchange it for a new one that isnt having these problems. It may be software issue but I wouldnt want to wait and find out i am stuck with it.
    Maybe the latest update doesnt play nice with a piece of hardware in some production runs of the phone. I am obviously just guessing. However, it is strange that you have this issue and the same issue came up with the reviewers phone.

I remember my original HTC Evo having many different suppliers for different part of the phone. Some had good models and some people had bad models and some issues could be sort of traced back to the company that supplied the screens ect.

El Presidente likes this.
  7. markbuk

markbuk Newbie
    None

May 20, 2010
    ESSEX UK
    Thanks for the replies.have looked at the link and is the same problem i am having
    What i can not understand is why video and using HDR mode the pictures are fine.
    When i set my white balance to incandescent it has a very bad blue tint,will get in touch with fones 4 u to get a replacement.
    HTC just e-mailed me and said they think it is a software problem and wait for 1.29 to come out if it does not fix the problem to give them another call,dont know what to do now.

8. Chelloveck

Chelloveck Lurker
    None

May 4, 2012
    Gah! I noticed this problem today too. I only got my One X yesterday, and upgraded it to 1.28. In the photos, my son looks like he has ginger hair (it is blond) and my partner looks like she has been out in the sun for a few hours too long (she has fair skin). Unhappiness!

markbuk: where was your model manufcatured? Mine was from Tiawan (you can check this on the box). Just wondering if this could be a common fault based on the manufacturing origin. I've not tried HDR mode yet.

Anyone else: Anyone know if I can downgrade my model and try the camera then? Is this possible and/or recommendable? At least then we could tell if it is hardware fault or not.

Thank you.

9. markbuk

markbuk Newbie
    None

May 20, 2010
    ESSEX UK
    My phone was made in Taiwan.have you tried in video mode yet?

10. Chelloveck

Chelloveck Lurker
    None

May 4, 2012
    Yes, and I have exactly the same problem on the videos. Do you?

I suppose we have a few options:

1) Wait for another software update
    2) Try manually altering saturation levels, or
    3) Return the phone.

I'm reluctant to take the last option as it works flawlessly in every other area. I think I'm going to try the second option tomorrow in good natural light. I tried tinkering with the white level levels; it didn't work. HDR mode is no good when people are close in the shot. Will let you know how I get on!

11. markbuk

markbuk Newbie
    None

May 20, 2010
    ESSEX UK
    My phone is ok in video mode.But if i select any of the white balance presets i always get a tint in the picture in Auto mode.

12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    I don't have a crystal ball, but I will say this -

Last year, people had the green tint problem on the Evo 3D. Of those that did, some replaced their phones and were happy.

Others decided it was just a software thing and waited forever - software can't fix bad hardware. Those are the ones insisting today that the rest of us have green tint and won't admit it. Not so.

So, no way I know if this hardware or software, I'd take it and get it known if other phones with your software rev have the problem or not. If one phone with your software doesn't have the problem, then I'd say it's hardware.

Anyway, trust your instincts, do what you think is best. :) ;)

markbuk likes this.
Tags: