1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Camera messing up?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by heythereitsv, Aug 2, 2013.

1. heythereitsv

heythereitsv Well-Known Member
    None

Okay my phone started to act REALLY weird all of a sudden. The FFC doesn't work at all. If I switch cameras, it just goes to an upside down version of the back camera. I'm on stock unrooted. should I just do an RUU?

Although what I'm really curious about is what's causing this. Sense for me has always been buggy, but not this buggy...

Advertisement

2. MrJedi

MrJedi Member
    None

May 23, 2012
    Male
    Have you installed any secondary camera apps lately, or an app that let's you take a photo for direct posting? Maybe that app is running in the background while you are trying to use the stock camera? I haven't run in to this myself, so its just a shot in the dark. If I was in your shoes and removing all apps with camera permissions didn't fix it I would probably do a factory reset. Not saying that is the correct option, just what I would do. If that didn't fix it I would send it back to VM if it was less than a year old. If it is older and you have a SquareTrade, Geek Squad, VM ins, etc plan I would send in it.

While I am interested in tech I don't necessarily have the best technical skills. If the answer can't be found via a search engine I am generally at a loss. Wish I could be of more help.

3. heythereitsv

None

Thanks for the help, but apparently it's an issue that just... happens. No way to fix it, even with an RUU and complete wipe/clean. A lot of Evo 3D owners reported the same thing as well. Anyway, getting a replacement from Virgin in a few days. :D

4. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Android Expert
    None

Aug 29, 2012
    Male
    High School!
    A yellow house
    Best of luck! :D They should replace it quick but they might be out of refurbished EVO's. Unless you want a Galaxy Victory, you might have to wait until they get more.

5. heythereitsv

None

Thanks! The rep on the other end said it should be at my house in 3-5 days so I think they're sending me an Evo V 4G. She didn't mention anything about a Galaxy Victory, although I certainly wouldn't mind one. :p The battery seems MUCH more manageable. Plus Jellybean right out of the box is always nice.

6. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Android Expert
    None

Aug 29, 2012
    Male
    High School!
    A yellow house
    Yeah I would've went for a Victory if I still had my EVO at this point. It has more resale value too! :p

7. bknowledge

bknowledge Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2012
    Had this problem 2 unfortunately for me phone is over a year old

Tags: