1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera metering mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vormulac, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Vormulac

Vormulac Newbie

I've had my HD for a couple of weeks now and have been playing with it and I've found something rather annoying. Am I just being dense or have they removed the metering mode functionality from the camera? It was there on the Desire, but on the HD I just can't see it, which of course means no shooting into the light as you could with 'spot' mode as it appears you are stuck with 'auto' or 'full scene' metering, so all you get now is a massively underexposed subject.

Am I missing something?

Cheers!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gardium

Gardium Well-Known Member

Hi there.

I just played a bit around with the camera to check out what you wrote. It seems like they have removed the "Metering" mode for the sake of ease when using the camera. However, you still have some options.

If you hit the menu button while in the camera you get some settings up. You could tricks with the white balance, iso, switch off auto focus, and when taking the picture tap the screen where you want it to focus and the camera will attempt to focus at that part.

But other than that, I am not sure what you can do to take a picture against the light. Honestly I do not recon this camera was made for "pro" usage :). Good luck

3. wastedagen

wastedagen Member

Get the free app camera 360. You can adjust the light metering mode with this app.
    And I liked it so much i paid for the ultimate version.;)

El Kroket likes this.
  4. Fio

Fio Newbie

Camera 360 makes much better pictures now that they've added support for 8MP (it was 5 max few weeks ago). Low light pictures are much better in particular, with higher ISO (1250) and metering on average.

It's really a shame we don't have video recorder with this level of customization (or do we? maybe i overlooked it).

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews