1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera modes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ebowles385, Jan 14, 2016.

1. ebowles385

ebowles385 Lurker

I remember on my s5 I had a camera mode I could download and use called Animated Photo - which was strange and amusing. On my s6 they have animated gif which is boring and lame, but I can't find the Animated Photo mode. Is there any way that I can get Animated Photo mode for the s6?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I have come to the conclusion that Samsung deliberately downgrade their phones, so that anyone daft enough to buy one will be keen to "upgrade" to the next shiny new model, just to get what they had in the previous generation...

I've found the HDR mode on the S^ is effectively useless, it's slow to focus and often gets the focus wrong. I guess I should "upgrade" to the S7, just to get back my SD slot and proper focusing with HDR?

No. I'm gonna upgrade to a new Sony or LG or something other than a Samsung.

3. ebowles385

ebowles385 Lurker

I don't really have an issue with the phone - just this one "old" feature that I'm hoping somebody will be able to figure out how to put on a newer phone.

4. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

I've still got the s5; does the s6 not have the download options under mode?

If not, bummer.

5. ebowles385

ebowles385 Lurker

It does have the download options under mode, and there are some new modes, however some of the old modes are gone. Unfortunately I really enjoyed the mode that is gone on the s6.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews