1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera not focusing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by conncr, May 27, 2011.

1. conncr

conncr Newbie

I bought the X2 yesterday for my wife, and I took some video last night. It worked fine. However, since that first video recording, the camera will not focus - auto focus or continuous focus settings do nothing to solve the issue. I have tried both the camera and camcorder - reset the phone - nothing helps.

Any ideas?

conncr

2. i_am_booked

i_am_booked Member

check the settings in the camera and see if the auto focus is turned on.

3. metalimi

metalimi Newbie

My auto focus is turned on and the camera doesn't focus for any photo. I've tried all the different "scenes" as well. Anyone having this problem or do I have a faulty product?

4. John58543

John58543 Android Enthusiast

Sounds faulty haven't heard about this issue thus far

5. trevorf

trevorf Newbie

It appears that mine does not focus either. Near or far objects. Looks terrible. Tried playing with settings, not that much to play with.

I also noticed that switching to camera function there's a detectable click in the device. Something that was not there in my X1. Switching to video mode, same thing. Same with turning on the LED light with the teslaLED app (which is not very responsive at all. App usually forces closed). Anyone else have that little click?

I must say I'm missing Liberty ROM. And I think I have a bum device.

6. conncr

conncr Newbie

I took the phone back to the store on Friday and asked them what we were doing wrong. After playing with it and a reset, they gave us a new phone without us asking.

The new one works much better!

conncr

7. Heelpir8

Heelpir8 Member

Seemed like mine wasn't focusing until I wiped off the front camera lens. Can tend to collect finger grease. :)

8. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

I thought the camera focus worked well. Wish the dev that worked on that- also worked on the memory, Flash and media intergration ;) ..... :(

9. drleorob

drleorob Lurker

I have tested both my Droid X2 AND one at the Verizon Store. We could see absolutely NO focusing being done in the camcorder mode.
    E.g. focus is on a distant object and a very nearby object is placed in front of the camera. Nothing happens. In other phones (and cameras) the distant objects would go out of focus and the near object would come into focus.
    See this link for a demo on how auto-focus SHOULD work.
    Xperia X10 Android 2.1 update and continuous focus officially demoed [Video] | Xperia X10 Blog
    Please test your phones and report if you have auto-focus in video mode.

Motorola Droid X2 Forum

The Motorola Droid X2 release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1540mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews