1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera Not Launching

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jake Dawkins, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Jake Dawkins

Jake Dawkins Lurker

[Droid X 2.2 NO ROOT]

For some reason sometimes when i'm using the camera or when i try to launch the camera, It fails. for example, I try to open a black screen flashes or the camera opens for a moment and closes. Sometimes it works, others it refuses to even after all running apps are closed, the phone restarted, and after a battery pull. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i have found nothing on this. THIS IS NOT a shutter stick problem.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mahers

mahers Android Expert

That same thing happened to me only once. While I was at Game 2 of the World Series and wanted to have some memories. :(

A reboot did the trick, though and I have't had that issue again. It even deleted a couple of the pics I had taken before it went haywire, and of course all this while I was with an iPhone user. Damn!

3. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert

I backed up the pics in my camera folder to my computer. Erased the folder and loaded the camera back up. It recreated the folder and I haven't had the problem since.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews