• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera not working

more 2.1 problems.. figures.. all that wait and now all these problems.. I'd re-vert back to 1.5 and see if the issue still is there. I re-verted back because I was having numberous issues and was curious if they'd still be present in 1.5.. well not to my surprise. EVERY issue that arose in 2.1 was not there in 1.5.. needless to say, I'm stayin on 1.5..

Upvote 0
more 2.1 problems.. figures.. all that wait and now all these problems.. I'd re-vert back to 1.5 and see if the issue still is there. I re-verted back because I was having numberous issues and was curious if they'd still be present in 1.5.. well not to my surprise. EVERY issue that arose in 2.1 was not there in 1.5.. needless to say, I'm stayin on 1.5..

Those with no issues on 2.1 are proof that 2.1 is not the cause of the issues others are reporting.

There are many possible reasons for things going awry in a device; we need to explore the possibilities given that other users crop up with similar problems. We do NOT need to throw out the whole process by declaring the entire OS problematic; it is not.

Upvote 0
Frisc my man you got me all wrong. I'm not saying that 2.1 in a whole is no good. Just that this being an "official" OS and considering the long wait.. I personally think the little bugs should have been worked out.. That's all

Cool, BlazeD OnE.

But I must continue to point out that those bugs are not in every Eris running the 2.1. None were in 1.5 for many of us.

This fact points to the device in your hand, not the installed software in it: the hardware. Quality control of the manufacture and assembly of that hardware.

Otherwise, if it were the fault of the developed software, you'd be right and no Eris would run well and without bugs on the OTA.

Upvote 0
I agree with you, Frisco.
But I am saying this, there's bugs in 2.1. Software bugs. The fact that I am having problems on 2.1 and not 1.5 clearly indicates that it's a software issue. Also, the same problems, the phone I had before my replacement, I had leak 21v3 on it, and the same speaker problems I am having since upgrading to 2.1 and not having it in 1.5. with the leak I noticed it but wasn't able to re-vvert back and compare. with the OTA 2.1 and being able to re-vert. I am able to compare problems in 2.1 to see if they are there in 1.5.
would I rather use 2.1 than 1.5. U bet ya, will I deal with the bugs, no. I'm hoping for a patch to come out once everyone is up and running on 2.1

Upvote 0
Cool, BlazeD OnE.

But I must continue to point out that those bugs are not in every Eris running the 2.1. None were in 1.5 for many of us.

This fact points to the device in your hand, not the installed software in it: the hardware. Quality control of the manufacture and assembly of that hardware.

Otherwise, if it were the fault of the developed software, you'd be right and no Eris would run well and without bugs on the OTA.

You could be right to a certain degree. But if something is fixed entirely by software means, like a reset or restore or something like that, its a software bug. Like in the silent call thing, if it were hardware, it should not work everytime, regardless of OS version. Hardware doesn't break and then randomly fix itself (Well, I've seen it happen before on a Nintendo DS but that's a different story) But from what I've seen and what others report, it happens at random, with no rhyme or reason, and a system reboot fixes it. To me, that just screams software bug.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones