• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera picture thread

Why am I getting these compression artifacts that no one else seems to be getting?

Attachments

• lemonade.jpg
    lemonade.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 0
I posted these pictures on the Incredible Forum; comparing the Droid Incredible to the Captivate

OKAY. here are picture comparison from the two phones...

These are just Captivate pictures, with some post processing

WOW - very dramatic differences! I am blown away... please tell me, honestly, are these pictures taken with optimal settings on both phones, and posted in their raw native version without post editing? If there truly is this type of difference with just a few megapixel variation, I will have to go with the Droid X, opposed to the imminent Droid 2.

I have heard from many members though, that it's almost all software and sensors that control the outcome quality of these images... not merely bacl-and-white megapixel stats; is this true? Maybe the HTC you put up against the Samsung wasn't very high quality in the first place... because megapixels from my understanding don't dictate the color accuracy and saturation that you showed varying in your comparisons. Thanks for any help...

Upvote 0
Just hit the picture button before moving to the next frame. It will process on whatever frame was the last you shot.

Hmm. Tried that once and the picture "failed" (got an error message).

I have to say that the panoramic photo setting is really cool. I wish that you could use a higher resolution though.

I hope so as well until I realized that in order to share the full pano you'd need a huuuuuge ass screen to show it in full resolution.

So far, considering the resolution, the panos being shared by the more skilled here look great. Plenty of resolution considering that it's "just a phone" (or a $200 camera even).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones