1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Camera picture

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ziggy513, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Ziggy513

Ziggy513 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    I have it set to the biggest size but whenever I upload it to Facebook or send it, it comes out at a smaller size, maybe like 400x600 pixels. I want it normal size big square picture, how do I do this?

Advertisement

2. Gremaldin

Gremaldin Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    What is the size when you view the picture on your PC? If you have really set the image size to the maximum 3MP, then you should see these images in 3MP too. I have heard that the Android gallery saves thumbnails of pics to load faster. Are you sure that you didn't send and upload these thumbnails by accident? The default directory for pics taken by the camera is Camera/DCIM in your SD card.

You cant take square pics. All pics will have the aspect ratio 4:3, so they will be rectangular. But you can always crop them to make them square.

P.S. If you are not using the default camera app, then the image size may be restricted, and we cannot take pics at the maximum 3MP. This is sometimes seen on camera applications where we have the option to add an effect to the pic. The size is usually restricted because the phone may crash when adding these effects to very large pics.