1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

"camera" pictures disappearing

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Ocommon, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Ocommon

Ocommon Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2014
    I noticed three days ago my camera pictures are suddenly gone. No reason there just gone, I didn't delete them, I also did not have them backed up. I just accepted my fate and tried to move on. 800+ pictures were just gone. I probably only really wanted 50 of the 800. Well fast forward to today. My wife just noticed all her "camera" pictures are now gone! Whats going on. What is causing the camera folder to disappear. And before anyone replies, my wife has a galaxy 4 running 4.4.4 and I have a note 3 running 4.4.4. There's no root. I'm not looking for ideas for future back up of pictures or how rooting the phone is so much better, I'm looking for a answer and a solution to our problem. I don't mean to come off rude but I have visited many forums and the only answers so far is " root your phone dude , Google+ backs up your pictures why don't you use Google +. Please help I just need a fix to our missing pictures.

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    First thing I can think of with pictures unexpectedly disappearing, is that possibly the SD card is going bad, wearing out. How old is the SD, because they do have a finite life. I backup all my pictures I've taken to my PC and an external HDD, and don't just rely on the phone, SD or the cloud. Rooting has got nothing to do with backing up photos anyway.

#2 mikedt, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    KENNECTED likes this.
  3. SelenaLee

SelenaLee On Probation
    None

Oct 13, 2014
    Female
    Well, you can try some recovery tool to get the missing photos backs, like Dr.fone for Android.