1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Camera Pictures Gone!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tonyc, Nov 18, 2010.

1. tonyc

tonyc Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Just noticed today all pictures in my /Camera/DCIM directory are gone.. a whole 2GB+ worth. Has this happened to anyone? It hasn't moved elsewhere because I also noticed 2GB more space freed up on the internal SD card. I'm pissed, but it could have been worse. Luckily I backed up 1.7GB+ of it recently.

Just a warning for you guys to keep constant backup!

Advertisement

2. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Owner, Senior Software Architect, V2N
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Have you Flashed any ROMs recently, or used any utilities (PC or phone based) that has the option to clear data?

A totally random file delete, from just one directory seems _very_ weird.

Great point though on backing up, if you've got any pics/vids you value, keep a copy of them on your PC.

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    Yeah I've never heard of this either. You've got something unique going on on your phone.

4. astbis

astbis New Member

Dec 11, 2010
    I just noticed the same problem on my phone with android 2.2 just the DCIM folder seems to be replaced. I noticed that there were only 5 pictures in the gallery. There is no sign of it.

Trash folder empty.
    No sign of more of my pictures anywhere.

Since my phone sometimes unmounts and mounts the sdcard. I tried unmounting it and looking on the device's storage area with no luck.

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    Since Android 2.2 hasn't actually been released for the Captivate, you might be faced with a bug in your hacked ROM. All have some issues, and new bugs appear regularly.