1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Camera problem with my Moto Pure X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bmacxp, Nov 10, 2015.

1. bmacxp

bmacxp Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    I tried to use my new Moto Pure X with two different camera apps that allow the user to set the ISO manually (rather than using the AUTO setting). In each case, after attempting to manually set the ISO, the camera app froze and I could no longer use the app (getting "app has unexpectedly quit") unless I went into the 'manage apps' and deleted the app data (not just the cache). I originally thought it was the app, but when I tried a second app and the same thing happened, I suspect the phone. I'm getting a replacement (hasn't arrived yet). Has anyone else seen this problem?

Advertisement

2. BenjaminH

BenjaminH Member
    None

Oct 10, 2011
    Good luck. I've read of several other people having this problem and I doubt a new phone will help. It will take a software update I suspect.

3. bmacxp

bmacxp Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Wow. And I thought this phone was touted as having a good camera. Hard to believe that in the testing, they wouldn't have tried some fancier software that would take advantage of the camera.

4. bmacxp

bmacxp Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Just updated my phone to Marshmellow and now camera apps work just fine! Yippee! I really like the phone.

The_Chief likes this.