1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera Problems after KitKat 4.4.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by muttleytm, Feb 1, 2016.

1. muttleytm

muttleytm Newbie

I have to take some pictures and put a time stamp on them. I generally use a stand alone digital camera, but, it is broken at the moment. I'd like to use a camera app on my Sprint Galaxy SIII for awhile at least.

The stock camera have a time stamp feature and after the KitKat 4.4.2 upgrade no third party apps can write to the external SC card. My phone is rooted and I have installed apps that claim to solve this problem, but they don't work for me.

I also can't seem to get them to save onto the internal storage either. First I tried Open Camera. I checked the permissions, but, I can't get it to save. I also tried U Camera. I see where I can set the save location, but, I can't see how I can change it to internal storage. If I take a picture, the app crashes (I assume because it can't save the picture).

Does anyone know of any camera apps that have a time/date stamp feature that I can select an internal storage location to save the picture? or have any other ideas on what I might try?

At some point I'll be upgrading to a custom ROM and will hopefully eliminate this problem, but , at the moment I have a number of projects in the works and I don't want to start another.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

SDFix from the play store fixes external write. Some s3's do have a problem with internal as well. Try getting foldermount from the play store and just open it once. If there is a problem, it will fix it. It also lets you manually change storage destination for many default settings.

3. muttleytm

muttleytm Newbie

Thanks! I had SDFix installed, but, it wasn't working. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and then installed foldermount. Foldermount found a problem on the "sdcard" and fixed it. I can now save to my internal memory with open camera. It also fixed another problem. I couldn't use Simplemind with Dropbox. That works too now.

4. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Glad it worked out for you.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews