• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera Problems

Sota

Lurker
Mar 20, 2011
Hi guys I have a camera problem with my HTC Desire. Any help would be appreciated..

When I open it, I just get a black screen. The little white camera thing that normally appears appears for a few seconds, but it's just a black screen after that. No applications that use the camera, like the barcode scanner, work.

I don't know if I should take this phone back to my carrier (Cell South) cause I've kinda heard bad things about their warranty services and such (I have phone 'insurance' though...). On their site they say the phone manufacturers (HTC) could fix simple manufacture/hardware defects like this could be.

Anyone maybe know what else it could be though? Like a software problem or something...I just upgraded to Froyo (Cell South is very slow) but it was happening before that. I have not tried to root it or anything and it hasn't been damaged.

Edit: Oh, and the Flash goes off randomly during the day. It's really weird, in the middle of class the flash will go off even if I'm not in the camera app. Doesn't happen often though.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones