1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Camera Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KenjiSpencer, Feb 14, 2015.

1. KenjiSpencer

KenjiSpencer Member
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    The User Guide for the Verizon flavor of the G3 states that you can take a picture by tapping on the screen. However, I have tried everything I can think of (tap, long press, etc.) and I am unable to take a picture unless I press the Capture button. Have I missed something, or has the take-picture-by-tapping-screen feature been removed from the camera software?

Advertisement

2. renegad3

renegad3 Well-Known Member
    None

May 9, 2013
    Not sure if the VZW is same as AT&T, but, if you have the 3 dot menu button on screen when camera is open, tap it to hide the shutter and options button(s), then tap on the screen to snap the picture.

Also you can set up 'cheese shutter' where you speak a few different words to activate the shutter.

3. KenjiSpencer

KenjiSpencer Member
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Hey. You're right. The solution is to turn the Grid setting to On. This has the undocumented side effect of hiding the Capture button and enabling (i.e., requiring) tapping the screen to take a picture. Thanks!

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.
Tags: