1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support camera questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zannster, Dec 29, 2011.

1. zannster

zannster Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Android newbie here...

I've been unable to get pics bigger than maybe 1300 kb outside and 800 inside. Is there a way to adjust the settings to take higher resolution pics?

Also, I've read through a few posts about the camera and downloaded another app to try in place of the default. Where do I adjust what software the camera uses?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. elmoosh

elmoosh Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    If you open your new camera app and go to the Settings menu there should be an option for "set as default camera". That should work. Just curious and nosy -- what camera app did you get?

3. zannster

zannster Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    I'm trying HDR (the freebie).

4. zannster

zannster Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Scrap that. HDR is already getting on my nerves. I'll be looking for something else.

5. elmoosh

elmoosh Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Try Camera Zoom FX. A lot of people really like that one. I just started using it myself (I'm a newbie too) and I like it. It takes some playing around to get used to it but it's worth it.

Table83 likes this.
  6. Marknderm

Marknderm Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    Being nosey... LOL
    Altoona, Pa
    Hay what about the new Camera Zoom FX ? I just bought it ant I was wondering what you thought about that one? is it any good? I got it to do some funny pic with.

7. elmoosh

elmoosh Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I've only had it about a week but I really like it. You can download these sets of "composites" from the Market to go with it that gives your pictures different effects. I also like the settings -- you can really get in-depth and control the focus, the exposure and stuff like that. They have all that goofy funny stuff like fish eye that makes people look funny, but they also have a ton of frames and filters to make some really cool-looking pics. You can also add some of the filters and stuff BEFORE you take a picture so you can see what it looks like before you take the picture. It also has a setting where you can make it so you can tap anywhere on the screen to take the picture. Like I said, I haven't had it long and haven't done much with it but I really like it. I bought the full version and I don't regret it. The only thing I don't like is that it's permanently in landscape mode so when you mess with the settings and all you have to hold the phone sideways, but it's not a huge issue for me.

There's a lot of options and it can get a little confusing but if you go online you can find the answers to all your questions about how to do stuff and what certain buttons mean.

Table83 likes this.
  8. cardsbytootsie

None

Jun 27, 2011
    A poster in this thread: http://androidforums.com/zte-warp/441672-camera-quality.html

shows 2 pics he took, one without HDR and one with HDR and there's a big difference from what I can see. Another poster also mentioned the apps Camera by Lightbox (free) and Vignette (paid) saying they were good, too.

9. seanjoe

seanjoe Member
    None

Dec 23, 2011
    I really like the HDR app's quality. I tried the vignette demo and it was just as bad as the stock camera app.

10. Marknderm

Marknderm Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 6, 2011
    Being nosey... LOL
    Altoona, Pa
    I really like the Camera Zoom FX, This is my little girl playing and then I added the singer mm to her pic. it is so cool that you can do this. this was all done on my phone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. elmoosh

elmoosh Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    On the recommendation above I decided to try HDR. Man, the pic quality is so much better! I'm keeping both but I've decided to take shots with the HDR app and then use Camera Zoom FX to do the artsy-fartsy crap like composites to make them look cool.