1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Camera related

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aabangia, Dec 1, 2010.

1. aabangia

aabangia Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Mumbai, India
    My problem is that after deleting a file from DCIM folder after taking a backup on my PC (the folder where the pictures clicked from the phone are stored); when I click a new picture it is stored with a filename of the deleted file.
    e.g if I hv stored Image006 on my PC and deleted it from the SD card, a new image will have the name Image006 although I have an Image035
    So then wen i backup the images again i hv problem of images having the same name.
    Is there a way to prevent this from happening i.e the new filename should always be the one after my last image.
    Also I dnt know if this happens only in Desire or in all phones.

Advertisement

2. SiHa

SiHa Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Southampton, UK.
    Strange, this doesn't happen with mine. I copied some photo's off last night, just took another and the numbering has continued from the end (Image129).

If you use Windows though, can't you use the Photo & Camera wizard to rename them to something else as they are copied to the PC?

Also, I use a great piece of freeware called Irfanview on the PC. It's a very useful image manipulation tool for resizing / cropping. Also it has a batch rename function where you can rename a selected group of pictures with a custom pattern (2010_### for example).

3. lekky

lekky Lover

You can also just put them in a folder with the date as the name. Helps to organise them too!

Tags: