• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera Screen - Photo doesn't exist but still shows up

jbsmith

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
New to Droid X here and have a question about what I believe to be the camera screen.

When at the home screen and then moving two screens to the right I get to what looks to be some type of image player in the middle and it has the Media Share, Blockbuster, Camcorder, and Gallery at the bottom.

While playing around with the camera I just took some random photos of junk and have since deleted them. But now in the middle of the screen I still see what seems to be the last image I took. Yet the file isn't actually on the phone or card. The round button in the middle (with the square around the 'play' icon) is selected but red (when I touch it it turns green and used to scroll through the photos before I deleted them).

How do I get this ugly blurry test image out of this screen and back to the way it was before?

1. take another picture - I've had a similar issue with having pictures on the camera roll and them not being there when I click them because I had moved the pictures to another folder

2. restart the phone - it needs to clear the cache

both of the above have worked for me

I have the same problem. The pic shows on the 'media' player only when I stop the slideshow. I tried you suggestions and they didn't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones