1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Camera Settings Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TomB20, Mar 24, 2016.

1. TomB20

TomB20 Lurker
    None

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Allston, MA
    I'm having a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge where every time I open the camera app and want to go to the settings, it immediately exits the settings menu and goes back to the camera. It doesn't give me any time to scroll, swipe, click, or do anything before leaving the settings page. I took off my case and am not touching any part of the screen or back button when it does this, and I don't have this problem with any other apps.

I closed the app, went to application manager and did a force stop, clear data and cache, restarted the phone and the problem is still there.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement

2. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert
    None

Jun 19, 2014
    Male
    If a factory reset doesn't work i suspect there's something wrong with it. Does it do the same when you pull up the Mode menu within the camera?

3. TomB20

TomB20 Lurker
    None

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Allston, MA
    I figured it out, it had to do with the developer options menu. If I turned it off and on, it solved the problem. It had to do with one of the settings down the very bottom - "Do not keep activities".

I found the answer by reading what other people did with the same problem on the S6. Apparently it happens on both phones.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.