1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Camera Sharpness

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BeefJerky, Jul 2, 2011.

1. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Newbie
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    So, from experimenting with the camera, it is clear that the software applies a noise and/or blur filter by default (i.e. sharpness setting of 0). When setting the sharpness to +2 the pictures come out with more actual detail since it no longer applies those filters. The same applies to the video camera as well.

The big problem is that the camera app will not remember the sharpness settings after exiting. I've tried other camera apps, and while they do not apply the noise/blur filters, they all have other issues. Simply put, none of them work as well as the Samsung app (especially the video portion).

Is the common with Samsung camera apps? Is there a workaround? If rooting is required to fix it, I have no problem doing that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

2. Mikey P

Mikey P Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    SALES
    GOOSE CREEK, SC
    I don't have an answer, but thanks for posting. Sometimes my pics turn out good and sometimes there is a bit of a blur, I will try this setting.

3. NewCharge

NewCharge Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    As a new Charge owner, I'm sure I'm missing something, but where is the sharpness setting: I just looked at the camera settings and I don't see anything like that

thanks!

4. kyler13

kyler13 Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Are you hitting the little memory card button at the lower right to save after setting sharpness? My settings are retained when I exit and restart the camera app.

Edit: Nevermind. I see it saves for the camera session, but not when you exit and come back. I guess I misunderstood when I tried this the other day.