1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Camera shuts off music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by notyrmma, Sep 24, 2011.

1. notyrmma

notyrmma Lurker
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    I read another post on this issue, but few replies. Has anybody found a way to deal with this without using additional phone and music apps? I just got the phone and couldn't believe it when I tried to take a pic while listening to music and it shut the music off. I figured I had to be doing something wrong. I mean, this is some phone, but the Mytouch 3g I just retired could do both at the same time!

HELP!:thinking::(

Advertisement

2. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    but in sgs2 it when you listen to music it will pause it if you want to make photo but after you make one it should comeback to playing....

3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    I don't think its possible on standard roms. I have seen the feature added to a few custom roms such as villain and revolution.

4. notyrmma

notyrmma Lurker
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Unfortunately it does not even return to the music. I have to manually go back to music player and press play. Really annoying. On the mytouch the music only turned off for calls, and then it would restart as soon as call ended.
    :(

5. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    try using diffrent music player like PowerAmp from market.

6. notyrmma

notyrmma Lurker
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Yeah, got winamp and it seems to fix the problem. Was hoping to avoid having to get 3rd party music app. Oh well. Very weird that such a fancy phone has this issue.

7. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    sometimes default apps are way worse tha 3rd party ones... Stock music player is just one of them.

8. notyrmma

notyrmma Lurker
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Well I've since found more ridiculous functionality issues- like not being able to take a pic while on a call? What?! Seriously? This is insane. I got the Camera 360 app, which seems to allow me to make a call and take pics simulataneously, but there are probs w/it (I've used it in the past). For one there's seems to be no default setting that allows me to open 360 to immediately take a photo- I first must choose mode/type. THat's not helpful when wanting to take a spontaneous picture. Especially of wildlife or something that's likely to be gone quickly.
    I'm not so happy with this phone.
    I also can't believe that using the web while on the phone is a no-go. Another thing my archaic Mytouch could do that the Galaxy cannot. With the mytouch I could take a pic and email it to whoever I was talking to on the phone so they could see what I was talking about as we spoke.

I'm just not getting how the Galaxy manages to lack so many basic functions.