1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera takes 2 photo's?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ballymoss, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Android Expert

I guess this may be an easy one for somebody to answer. If I take a photo with my Note 2 camera, there are 2 identical photos in Gallery! Any idea why?

2. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

something to do with file management in android. I find it annoying as never sure how to manage them!

Ballymoss likes this.
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

The cam might have burst mode when pressing too long on the cam's button?

Harry

Ballymoss likes this.
  4. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Android Expert

So I am not the only one it happens to?

5. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Android Expert

You may be right. I checked burst mode and it was off but I tried taking a photo and gave the button the briefest possible press and it just took one photo.

6. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast

Maybe you are on HDR mode? It will leave you with 2 pictures. You get to pick the best one. On the iPhone, there is a way to turn off storing the original picture, but on Note 2, I cannot find this option on HDR.

Ballymoss and Harry2 like this.
  7. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Android Expert

Yes I nearly always use HDR mode but the "best of 2" thing seems weird - I can never see any difference! Thanks for all your replies :)

8. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast

Take a picture of something with a light source in it. You will then see difference between the 2 pictures. For example, if you are taking a picture of person in front of a sunset. The better picture will have both the person and the sun clearly visible. While the other one will have person in the dark because of the bright sun.

9. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Reset camera to default settings then see if it works ok :)

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews