• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera takes very poor indoor pics?

Ya try matrix metering (instead of spot metering) for a little better color rendition and light reading.

And I think it's the auto ISO sucks, it seems to bump it up alot in low light (indoors), hence the noise you get in the pics. But it is a phone when I want great pics my 5Dmkiii works great.

Upvote 0
Yes auto ISO outdoors works ok but indoors it does'nt produce great results. depending on your lighting you can go down as far as 100 but most of the time it just doesnt let enough light into the sensor so the pic looks dark at iso 100 indoors.

You can put the ISO short cut in place of the effects wand on the shortcuts, (quick way to change ISO) you can always just add the wand color effect to the picture later in the gallery i think.

Upvote 0
One other question about the camera. When you manually change settings, they all revert back to default after you take the picture. Any way to make your setting stick until you change them again?

not that I've found.

if using flash, try out the Party/Indoor option to avoid blue, overexposed portraits. that's the only way I can get decent flash shots in dim light and Ive tried everything.

Also, HDR gives EXCELLENT results (gets rid of all the awful graininess) in dim light when not using flash. highly recommended.

Upvote 0
I'm no photographer but thought the low light capabilities of this phone was outstanding.

I did use HDR to take this pic a couple of weeks ago.

u8a3y5u2.jpg

-Sent using the force

Upvote 0
Indoor pics on my Note 2 look terrible. Played with settings to achieve some minor improvement, but still usually blurry and colors off. Outdoor seems OK. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks......

I don't have the same experience with the phone camera...below are two pics i have taken with my GN2, they are unphotoshop, unaltered, raw pics using the basic settings, perhaps you took them with the anti-shake off? mine was on

20121219_133523 by Ceva321, on Flickr

20121219_133554 by Ceva321, on Flickr

Upvote 0
I don't have the same experience with the phone camera...below are two pics i have taken with my GN2, they are unphotoshop, unaltered, raw pics using the basic settings, perhaps you took them with the anti-shake off? mine was on

20121219_133523 by Ceva321, on Flickr

20121219_133554 by Ceva321, on Flickr

Those are some great pictures!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones