• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera using battery since update

I thought about putting this in the official Update thread, Mods feel free to move it if it is better suited there...
Since the update my battery has sh*t the bed. I checked the 'What has been using the battery" and found:
-Camera 96% :eek:
-Cell Standby 2%
-Phone Idle 2%
I haven't used the camera ONCE since the update and according to ATK the camera isn't even running... WTH. Short of rooting, which I'm considering everyday, anyone have a work-around?
EDIT: it seems that this is just a glitch... if I power the phone off and then check I see the numbers that I'm used to seeing, but if I check a few hours later the numbers seem to go right back to the exact numbers above... It might not be the camera, but something sure is eating the battery

I thought about putting this in the official Update thread, Mods feel free to move it if it is better suited there...
Since the update my battery has sh*t the bed. I checked the 'What has been using the battery" and found:
-Camera 96% :eek:
-Cell Standby 2%
-Phone Idle 2%
I haven't used the camera ONCE since the update and according to ATK the camera isn't even running... WTH. Short of rooting, which I'm considering everyday, anyone have a work-around?
EDIT: it seems that this is just a glitch... if I power the phone off and then check I see the numbers that I'm used to seeing, but if I check a few hours later the numbers seem to go right back to the exact numbers above... It might not be the camera, but something sure is eating the battery

What update did you do? The recent Sprint/HTC update?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones