• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ranga666

Lurker
Mar 17, 2012
guys what do you think about the camera in sony ericsson live with walkman?
i would say that the video quality at 720p sucks!!.... also i feel like the camera do not take a 5mp photo instead it looks like they have stretched a 3mp photo to 5mp size...... camera really sucks..... samsung galaxy fit works too smart when it comes to camera..... i feel like sony have cheated us in camera..... we do really need an update for camera..... we have spent 15k(INR) and we do not have all its needs..... what do you all like to say about the camera? please do reply thank you people :) sorry for the bad english

No way is the ccamera in this phone good. The resolution of the pictures just sucks. My HTC Wildfire used to give FAR better images than this SE Live. The file size of images in the Wildfire used to click pictures with file size of 1-1.2 MB. Live with Walkman clicks images of just 500-700 KB. No wonder the image resolution is nowhere near decent. What is the file size you people get on your Live??

Upvote 0
Images on my LWW are around 700-800KB. But they are good enough to make prints of 10x15cm or 13x18cm which is normal for photo album. At least the video is 720p and as I said before there is no other phone in that class that will make 720p videos! Maybe HTC Wildifre S makes better photos but LWW has way better performance (cpu, gpu, ram and so on), no competition!!!

Upvote 0
The camera is decent, that's all I can say about quality. But believe me, it's great for most uses. For example, for printing (15 cm. x 18 cm.) or for social network sharing. It's not so good when you view them at full size on a computer, but you'll most likely print them or post them online, and they are good for those purposed.

I haven't seen a camera with so many options before. It's amazing.

720p shows video resolution, not the quality.

Exactly. It just means it's recorded in 1280*720. But it does not mean the recording quality is good a all. There are other forces at play when recording. One is noise reduction, other is compression, to name two.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones