1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can a Droid Incredible 2 be jailbroke?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cedric 69, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Cedric 69

Cedric 69 Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2012
    Hello All. A friend of mine has a Droid Incredible 2 that he is wanting to sell me. The problem is he closed his verizon account and didn't pay his ETF so I don't know if I can get the phone activated in my name. I have heard several people mention jailbreaking but I can't find any reference to a Droid being capable of being jailbroke. any help appreciated..thanks

Advertisement

2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Jailbreaking has absolutely nothing at all to do with a phone being tied to a carrier. Jailbreaking applies to iPhones and enables you to side load apps from different apps stores than the Apple one. You can do this on Android natively.

As for the phone, what carrier are you wanting to activate it on? You won't be able to activate it on VZW most likely and you can't activate it on Sprint. If the phone is unlocked you may be able to activate it on TMobile or ATT.

3. Cedric 69

Cedric 69 Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2012
    Thanks. I was told jailbreaking unlocked the phone so it could be used with different carriers. I guess I was told wrong. I was planning on using it on At&t.

4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

You can get the SIM unlock code but this is basically a stolen phone so we can't help you here.