1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can an Android phone do this?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by AudioStreama, Jul 2, 2016.

1. AudioStreama

AudioStreama Guest
    None
    Hi there

I am looking to switch from Apple to Android but it seems Android cant do some key functions (as far as I can tell), which the apple currently does.

apart from calls/texts, the primary use of my phone is listening to podcasts, audio books & dj mixes, mostly using youtube (via safari browser - not the app)

The iphone allows me to do this with the screen switched off, I can use the earphones controller to start and stop, plus youtube remembers where I was if I stop/come back to it later (even if I've closed or navigated away from the webpage) - this is absolutely essential for listening to a 6 or 7 hour long audio which I frequently do.

For various other reasons, I would really like to get an android, but only if I can get it to do all of the above.

I know there are apps like firetube which allow listening to youtube videos with screen off, but it doesntt allow start/stop with earphones controller, plus it doesn't remember where the audio was last played.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Many thanks :)

Advertisement

2. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    I hope this doesn't come across as too biased and subjective but offhand I'd recommend you stay with Apple. You've laid out some pretty specific and conditional usage scenarios so unless you're willing to adapt and change your habits, why put yourself into a situation where some app doesn't work the way you expect and some function you've come to rely upon just doesn't work the same way. It might take a few days or a few months but at some point every time you pick up your Android phone it will just annoy you as it's '...not an iPhone'.

3. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln