1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can an LG Stylo 3 be just a pda ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tylis, Oct 3, 2020.

1. tylis

tylis Lurker

I have seen an acquaintance using the LG Stylo 3 and really like the way it looks and the stylus capability. It is just the right size for my hand and I plan to purchase one used. I'm not very keen on using it for a phone, but would love to use it as a pda, and maybe in the future activate it with tracfone. My question is, can this be used as just a pda with wifi without any sim card ? Can apps be side-loaded ? And, can a phone presently locked/unlocked from another carrier be eventually used with tracfone ? Thanks in advance.

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

1. Yes, Android phones can be used on WiFi without a SIM.

2. Yes you can side load apps. To install an APK not from Google Play first enable installing from Unknown Sources. Up until Android 7 Nougat (which the Stylo 3 came with) the option to install from Unknown Sources was located in Settings - Security - Unknown Sources.

3. Maybe. The phone would need to be unlocked by the original carrier, and would have to be compatible with Tracfone.

MrJavi and tylis like this.
  3. tylis

tylis Lurker

Thank you so much for you reply kate. I will purchase the lg stylo 3 for sure, now that I know it does not HAVE to be a phone. I own a huawei tablet which is great inside, but it is way too large to tote around when going outside. I keep notes on my garden as well as on my plant collection and it will be great to leave the pen and pencil behind.

MrJavi likes this.

LG Stylo 3 Forum

The LG Stylo 3 release date was May 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 435 processor, and 3080mAh battery.

May 2017
Release Date
Reviews