1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Can Android ask me for confirmation of carrier APN Internet connection?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by eltomek, Mar 3, 2010.

1. eltomek

eltomek New Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Hi guys for the first time! :)
    I have just got my Motorola Milestone ready and working. I have set up the Internet carrier APNs (HSDPA, EDGE, 3G etc) and I wonder if it is possible that Android asks me for confirmation when connecting to one?

I don't like the idea of changing the APN name to cheat/workaround it (to make it impossible to connect by setting up non-existing APN), I like to see what connection possibilities are around me.

When I'm at home I have a WiFi and also would like to be sure the whole transfer is being done by WiFi, not EDGE. With each connection request confirmation I'd be sure I have it under control.

Cheers,
    Tomek

Advertisement

2. MadDreamUser

MadDreamUser Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Have you seen APNDroid? It uses the APN rename cheat, but does it from a widget on your home page. Worked well when I had the HTC Dream. Now, with my HTC Magic, I simply use the HTC Widgets to control WiFi and network data.

3. eltomek

eltomek New Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Eventually this is my only solution, but I wanted to avoid using it - I'd like to have APN ready to work but confirm if any new transmission session is requested.