1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Can anyone explain this to me??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SwoRNLeaDejZ, Jan 8, 2013.

1. SwoRNLeaDejZ

SwoRNLeaDejZ Android Expert
    None

Dec 25, 2012
    Male
    no comment
    ma
    OK, so i was browsing the phones available from Metro, and i came across this phone... I am trying to figure out why in the world this phone is priced so much higher than the LG Motion 4G..

Maybe you guys can shed some light on this. The motion seems better in every category.

http://m.metropcs.com/mobile/detail/LG+Connect+4G/LGMS840V

Advertisement

2. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    South Florida
  3. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    South Florida
    Metro prices there phones pretty funky but here's the real LG Motion price [​IMG] give or take, those other phones aren't subsidized & then also remember they're a business that's trying to milk as much money from their cash cows, I mean customers :) as possible. The average consumer is more going to look @screen size & battery life before CPU & RAM so when they see the NOVA display on the 4" Connect vs the ehhh display on the 3.5" Motion that's how the majority of metro customers look at it.
    This is almost the same exact argument when the Connect came out but it was still cheaper than the Esteem even though it had better specs. You should go look @some in the MetroPCS & LG Connect forums from around March 2012

4. SwoRNLeaDejZ

SwoRNLeaDejZ Android Expert
    None

Dec 25, 2012
    Male
    no comment
    ma
    Makes sense, i guess for someone like myself, who looks at CPU speed and Android version first (what made me choose the motion in the first place, it was the only 4g phone metro offered that ran ICS.. dual core, bonus) i would choose this phone over that one ten times out of ten.. i suppose in the iPhone 5, Galaxy S III, giant screen is God, consumer marketplace of today, allot of people will be swayed to spend 200 more for a half inch of screen...

5. unnamedny

unnamedny Android Expert
    None

Dec 26, 2010

We don't know really why it's priced so low. Maybe this phone is an experiment of Metro (see how customers would react), Maybe LG decided to push some models in order to promote itself. No one really knows. The only thing we know is that it's a very good phone for the price, enjoy it while we have it =)

6. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    South Florida
    ^^Im about 90% sure metros just subsidizing it. When development started on this phone metro announced that in the coming months they would be subsidizing a couple phones (which ends up being the Motion,S3,Spirit). Then a couple months later here comes the 4GLTE for all promo & then the release of the subsidized LG Motion. How do you think they're gonna get people on 4GLTE with mostly crap ZTE & Huawei phones people probably wouldn't even look @them & switch somewhere else. So they released a good LG phone with another 1 coming & subsidized it from the price I posted in the pic above.

SwoRNLeaDejZ likes this.
  7. pl4life52

pl4life52 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    Amityville, NY
    i came from the Connect one of the best moves ive made. I love this phone:D

Tags: