1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

can anyone help my app get downloads

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by subhan7208, Jan 27, 2019.

1. subhan7208

subhan7208 Lurker

2. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

Even if i was interested in an app that gave nutritional information about fruit.. i would avoid this app
    The app should NOT need to track my location to tell me the potassium content of a banana!

This app has access to:
    [​IMG]Location
    • approximate location (network-based)
    • precise location (GPS and network-based)
    [​IMG]Wi-Fi connection information
    • view Wi-Fi connections

Other
    • view network connections
    • pair with Bluetooth devices
    • full network access
    • run at startup

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I had the same thought when I saw that permission. OP can you explain why the app needs this?

4. psionandy

Also.. the application seems to make some striking health claims about fruit
    [​IMG]

Does the application include references and verifiable evidence for any of these claims?

5. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

From what I can tell your app only uses admob which does not require any permissions set in the manifest. You probably followed some old tutorial that says to add a bunch of unnecessary permissions for admob. There's many of those tuts on the net.

Just update your app as soon as you can removing all the permissions you have set. Admob adds it's own permissions automatically which are the following...

view network connections
    full network access

Hadron, Deleted User, mikedt and 3 others like this.
  6. subhan7208

subhan7208 Lurker

1)thanks for the feedback i have removed those permission it was required for the ads but i found the solution and removed it
    2)no i dont have any proof or claim against the fruit benefits but it is 100% based on internet research

7. psionandy

2.. do you have siteable sources.. or is it just random stuff you found on the internet that might/might not be true?

If its the latter.. your app will be better if you remove it all together