• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can anyone read Swahili?

I'm doing all my research on a desktop so it may be different when you try to view a link I post from mobile. I didn't see one either. Actually I only seen one post saying It works & he posted a zip+apk. Maybe it's attached to his post and you have to sign up....?

Well I will look when I get home. Hope I didn't create false hope...

Upvote 0
That Soase clown is a thief. He posted my work under his name like he's the actual creator. :mad:

!!!!! That guy's a bum !!!!!!!

Like I said the last post I put on here AUTO ADDED itself to that site, under the name of Soase. Perhaps the bootloader post was copied from somewhere else and then that post ( the original one) was removed so his copy ended up empty. Just a thought. But yeah, someone is jacking our posts / work

Oh yeah, any of you who visited that site are now under surveillance for contributing to a terrorist organization :)

Upvote 0
Like I said the last post I put on here AUTO ADDED itself to that site, under the name of Soase. Perhaps the bootloader post was copied from somewhere else and then that post ( the original one) was removed so his copy ended up empty. Just a thought. But yeah, someone is jacking our posts / work

Oh yeah, any of you who visited that site are now under surveillance for contributing to a terrorist organization :)

when they come for me, I know exactly who to point the finger at;)

Upvote 0
This reminds me of a time when I was younger. I used to go to a site called computerforum.com one day somebody posted about a site that was copying our site. They literally copied all the threads from our site and posted it under theirs with fake names. They were just using a bot to scavenge forums.... It's nothing new and has been going on for ages. In this case I find it slightly more acceptable since they are translating it to their language but it still doesn't excuse not citing sources.

Edit: It's why a lot of places have those annoying ass boxes with funky letters. lol

Upvote 0
Welp it's been said before, but I'll say it again... This phone is not getting unlocked with generic methods. It's gonna take someone skilled in binary code to do so IMHO.

The only person I'm almost certain can unlock this phone is Dan Rosenberg (The Exploit God). He is super busy, and I'm sure it'll take a few hundred bucks for him to take on the project. By the way, he is the one who rooted the Spirit and a gazillion other phones. He makes it seem easy, that's how good he is.

Upvote 0
Yeah Dan is pretty awesome. I know some of us have already approached him about this though, hopefully he decides to throw us a bone. Funny thing to me is that if we break the BL then we will love our phones and buy another LG. If we can't, many of us will avoid LG phones from here on out. I know we are a fringe group making up a VERY small percentage of the annual sales, but we can let our purchases in the future speak for us. Long Live the Spirit! (Until it is an outdated POS rotting in my drawer.) Then it can roll over and die if it wants. ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah Dan is pretty awesome. I know some of us have already approached him about this though, hopefully he decides to throw us a bone. Funny thing to me is that if we break the BL then we will love our phones and buy another LG. If we can't, many of us will avoid LG phones from here on out. I know we are a fringe group making up a VERY small percentage of the annual sales, but we can let our purchases in the future speak for us. Long Live the Spirit! (Until it is an outdated POS rotting in my drawer.) Then it can roll over and die if it wants. ;)

You know, that's pretty accurate XD I've had 3 LG phones on metro so far, a couple on Tmobile, and each one had their own issues. Truthfully, I never really liked LG, not even the G2X that much. I've been an HTC fanboy since the G1 Dream (sadly). With the whole Tmoby-dick merger thing going on, I kind of feel like getting the HTC One before they switch everyone to the HSPA+ network. Probably going to be some kind of "Bring your old phone so we can give you a coupon to switch to the new network!"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones