• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can apps be used on a PC?

dchamilton

Jul 9, 2011
We have purchased a few books from Oceanhouse Media for our tablet. We are taking the tablet back because we just don't use it enough to justify its purchase.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is a way to play these books on a PC. Here is one of the books: market.android.com/oceanhouse_media.grinch_app.

I could use my Prevail but it would be kinda small. Especially for following the words. I saw that there were some emulators that showed the apps in a mock phone. All I care is that the screen size would make this enjoyable to use.

Yes its only for ebooks. If you want to run a apk. you will need to download Android SDK and load a virtual device. May not be worth the trouble. Not sure if there are any other programs out there that will run an app in windows, but ill ask around. You might be able to get an iso of a rom and run it off Daemon, but thats a long shot. you could give this a try..Software2Tech.com how to install apk on PC

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones