• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can boots be status symbols?

Chakka vs Combat; Combat vs Cowboy? Which is better?

Maybe, I guess cowboy boots might be a status symbol if you're a cowboy possibly, but otherwise I don't think so. I've worn combat boots when I've needed to, but certainly never thought of them as a status symbol. Don't know what "Chakka" is.

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
Status symbols aside, NO ONE will remember your boots when you're gone. They won't remember your title, your position, your watch, salary or what you drove. What people will remember about you, for good or bad, is how you made them feel. Did you help them? Did you listen to them? Did you cover for them; praise them in public and admonish them in private? The only thing a "status symbol" (according to the world's definition) will do is make for a beautiful corpse when you're dead. I'd rather have a simple wood coffin and a funeral procession that blocks traffic for miles, full of grieving souls I've helped - in one way or another - to become better than they thought they were.
:)

Upvote 0
Dr Martens in oxblood. They were a status symbol for me in 1981.
dr martens.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones