1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

can call out but nothing is coming in.-reroot? reboot? reload?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by soopersonic, Aug 22, 2012.

1. soopersonic

soopersonic Newbie

Okay yday I posted an issue concerning the update and how my phone was on the frits because you shouldn't do the ota update with a rooted phone.

currently running stock rom and I tried running the cmw.
    When I reboot [ via volume key+power] it shows at the top cmw is runing.
    now here's the problem :

All yday since I did the dl of the cmw no calls or text.. nothing has come through. The ota update keeps popping up about once an hour if I clear it.
    I have no ide what I should do at this point.
    if I should unroot.. then re-root? orr... >.<

I've tried loading the shevron rom and to no avail.. I unzipped .. dl it about 6 times [thinking maybe it was a bad dl] put it in the clockworkmod/backup/ folder that I made, then proceeded to reeboot... to which is where it always goes wrong. the file is ther but it fails or.. it opens the subfolders and continues throughout the folders...never loading anything [ lost you yet?]

I just really need it back on and working today for school.
    any ideas would be great. I'm pretty much stuck in the mud at this point.:smokingsomb:

thanks. **sidenote this is my first time with all this so be gentle.*:eek:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Zintus

Zintus Member

If ur rooted get ur msl by downloading Android Terminal Emulator from google play...

Type these commands...

su (press enter)
    getprop ril.MSL (press enter)

The output is your msl code... write it down and make sure you type it exactly as i typed it here or it wont work this is case sensitive... once you have finished with terminal emulator type

exit (press enter)

Then on your phone, dial ##786# (go to where you would dial a phone number) and it should pop up with rtn press reset and enter your msl code... this will essentially reactivate/reprogram your phone... hope this helps!

soopersonic likes this.
  3. soopersonic

soopersonic Newbie

okay I went to market.. and it looks all strange.. Its not dl anything I tried to dl it and it just stayed stuck

when im in the reboot screen theres a message :

E: can't mount/cahe/recovery/command
    E:cant find misc

I wiped the data and it says:
    data wipe complete
    E:cant find misc

4. Zintus

Zintus Member

Grrr... if u can call out, u can get ur MSL by calling boost or sprint whichever your carrier is... just ask them for it and im not sure about the dialer code it should be right, but it's been awhile since ive had to do it... u can ask them for the correct code to dial to "reprogram" your phone... i had to do this cuz i entered my msl in as the dialer code ##123456# numbers would be your msl code... and it brought up a VERY dangerous menu that allowed me to edit things i knew i shouldnt have been even looking at, but i did manage to get the exact same problem as u... could call out but couldnt recieve calls nor texts... did the rtn reset and viola phone was proper again...

If you're calling BOOST wait for it to go to the main menu and push 5201 you dont have to wait before hitting the numbers... this will get u to a human being quick fast and n a hurry lol...

Edit: I hit the submit button before i was finished... i am using phandroid's app for the forums... im kinda a cheapskate when it comes to apps lol i dont buy apps unless its a great one! Anyways i hope this helps you out i just got off work so if u need to test anything out...

soopersonic likes this.

Samsung Transform Ultra Forum

The Samsung Transform Ultra release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 128GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews