1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Can Dart keep Wifi from "sleeping", if so, how?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dewdle, Apr 18, 2012.

1. dewdle

dewdle Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I've setup a wifi-only voip/sip thing that's worked pretty good so far, except that it seems the wifi shuts off if the phone sleeps a long time. I'm not sure how long it sleeps before wifi shuts off, but if it only sleeps around 5 minutes, my phone's green light is still lit up.

I've checked back with a few different tutorials for my GV/GT/SipDroid/PBXes WiFi Voip and have their recommended settings in SipDroid. I set the laptop that runs the the network to not shut off the network when the laptop goes to sleep, so I'm thinking something in Dart isn't configged properly?D

I had my old cell call my Dart after it had been asleep a few hours to see if maybe a call forced it awake, but it went straight to voice-mail without ringing. I sure hope it's a mistake on my end, otherwise I'm kind of bummed that all that studying was only for intermittent Voip? But as a smartphone newbie, I'm hoping it's my fault, and can be corrected :rolleyes:

Advertisement

2. dewdle

dewdle Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I've found WiFi Power Manager to be helpful - it doesn't allow for continuous wifi connection, but it does help extend how long my phone's wifi stays awake.

Tags: