• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can Fring make video calls to yahoo?

This actually really does suck... So now, like the iPhone, we are limited to making video calls with other qik users (only on EVO correct?) and only to other fring users with front facing cameras (only EVO has this right?)...

This whole being able to video chat to people from my EVO to their phone or PC on 3g, wifi, or 4g was a MAJOR selling point to me......

Sounds like a little false advertisement.......

Don't get me wrong, I still love the phone, its just that I kept hearing "oh you can make video calls yada yada yada" and so far, I can't video chat with anyone that does not have an EVO... Thats bull.......

Upvote 0
This actually really does suck... So now, like the iPhone, we are limited to making video calls with other qik users (only on EVO correct?) and only to other fring users with front facing cameras (only EVO has this right?)...

This whole being able to video chat to people from my EVO to their phone or PC on 3g, wifi, or 4g was a MAJOR selling point to me......

Sounds like a little false advertisement.......

Don't get me wrong, I still love the phone, its just that I kept hearing "oh you can make video calls yada yada yada" and so far, I can't video chat with anyone that does not have an EVO... Thats bull.......

No, my wife as an Iphone 4, I have an EVO. I have fring installed on both. We have made video calls to each other.

Reactions: Connectz
Upvote 0
My sister and myself both have EVO's... I cannot for the life of me, with EITHER EVO phone, make a video call using Fring to Fring... Its just not working... Going through the settings doesn't help either. When I click her name to call, it only gives me the option to make a cellular call and there is a SIP option but it is greyed out... There is no option for video call anywhere...

When they removed Skype did they disable the video call too?????

Upvote 0
Just went to the site and looked at the manual and it says i'm supposed to have this option: "Enable video calls – This setting will enable/disable video calls. Please note that it is not recommended to enable video calls on weaker devices."

This option is NO WHERE TO BE FOUND ON ANY OF MY SETTINGS MENUS.... B O G U S......

Upvote 0
My sister and myself both have EVO's... I cannot for the life of me, with EITHER EVO phone, make a video call using Fring to Fring... Its just not working... Going through the settings doesn't help either. When I click her name to call, it only gives me the option to make a cellular call and there is a SIP option but it is greyed out... There is no option for video call anywhere...

When they removed Skype did they disable the video call too?????

No, it is not disabled. You need to add your sister as an fring friend. Bring up fring. Go to "menu" then "add friends". She needs to be registerd with fring already. She will then get a notification to accept, at that point, a new entry for her will show up in your fring contacts list. Click on that new entry and you can video chat with her.

The documentation on this leaves alot to be desired.

Upvote 0
No, it is not disabled. You need to add your sister as an fring friend. Bring up fring. Go to "menu" then "add friends". She needs to be registerd with fring already. She will then get a notification to accept, at that point, a new entry for her will show up in your fring contacts list. Click on that new entry and you can video chat with her.

The documentation on this leaves alot to be desired.

Bro, Fring needs to hire you for a lot of money cause your tip worked! I couldn't find out what I was doing wrong!

Upvote 0
i've done fring to fring from evo to evo, evo to iphone4 and evo to pc (user using fring on pc)

I really want to use quik but when i try to call my gf it only shows her business phone number and not her cell. Does anyone have this problem?

In the dialer area from the Qik screen enter her Evo Screen name and press the call button on the right next to her name.

Upvote 0
where did you get Fring for PC? I just looked all over their site and could not find it.

As far as I know, there is no Fring for PC. I have also looked for this. One of the main reasons that I bought the EVO was the ability to video call from my phone to my wife's PC. Because of the stupidity between Fring and Skype that has been ruined for now.

Hopefully Skype will have an Android out soon or Fring will have a real Windows app out soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones